Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This City Girl Can't Dance No More


Howdy do y'all, do-si-do, take your pardner round we go...

"Where's your wedding ring?"

"In my truck"

"Why is it in your truck?"

"Because I don't feel like wearing it - I don't really feel married right now!"

"YOU'RE the one who moved into the spare bedroom for the last week."

"Yeah, because I don't even want to be in the same bed as you!"


Ace of Diamonds, Jack of Spades, take your partner & all promenade...

"You hate me - you just hate me!  Well I hate YOU!"

"That's not true - why do you say that?"

"I can tell you're just absolutely repulsed by me! You couldn't even think of having sex with me!"

"What?!  No, that's not -"

"It is!"


Allemande Left with your left hand, Back to the partner for a Right and Left Grand...

"Oh I should just quit drinking huh? (*'southern' accent*) Then everything'll be okay right?  My life'll be just great - just like Tim McGraw!  My life'll be so much happier because I'm not drinkin'!"

"Huh?  Tim McGraw?  What?"

"Please. Give me a fuckin' break."

"I wish you could talk to me about how you're feeling without being angry."

"Those meetings have you brainwashed - you think you're this victim.  Or is that just the liberal mindset?  You think you're this poor. victim. "

"Uh no, I don't.  Actually Al Anon encourages the exact opposite of that."

"You think I just have this huge problem, that I'm this freakshow - you just think I'm a huge FREAKSHOW!"


It's right by right by wrong you go, and you can't go to heaven while you carry on so...

"I wish I'd never met you, I wish I'd never asked you to marry me, I wish I'd never married you!"

...

"I just hate this marriage right now. I fucking hate it."

"I'm unhappy too - but I'm trying to help.  I can't do it alone."

"You want to just turn our marriage upside down!  Just upside down!  You can't go changing our dynamic like that!"

"Upside down?  What dynamic?  How?  So you just want to drink however much you want, say whatever you want to me, and I'm supposed to just be okay with it?"

"I'm just going to say it all - I don't care, I have nothing to lose!  Absolutely nothing!"



And it's home little gal, and do-sido,



And it may be the last time, I don't know, 



And oh by gosh and oh by Joe.




2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Us. oh my god...it's like you're writing about my life! Thank you, please do not stop. You make me feel not so alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, I think we just had this argument a few weeks ago. Except for the part about the alcohol. Because he's not an alcoholic. He just has a really good metabolism, and 10-14 drinks a night isn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete